Friday, July 06, 2007

Hah! Caught her!

Ever since I joined the ARC I've been sort of irked by this one woman. She's got a good 20 years on me, and she comes in at about the same time most days (around 5:30 a.m.). She too walks the track, she with a friend and I alone.

And every time she's on the track, she smokes my butt. I mean I'm out there motating along as fast as my stubby little legs can carry me and there she is, talking away to her friend, out for a leisurely stroll, and she blows by me *every* damn time.

Until today. Today, not only did she not catch me, I caught her. I passed them. Now it could be that they were ill, taking it easy, not going their usual pace. I refuse to think it. I've finally outwalked a granny. Thank the Lord and pass the peas.

Okay, it's a petty pleasure, but it's all mine.

No comments:

The DDGraphix store!